Friday, March 13, 2015

Spring Fairies

Unleashing the last spirits of winter
Something about spring makes you think of fairies. I think it is all of the new life that emerges. So, I have been doing a lot of them in my sketchbook lately.

The council is in session...
We also just saw Song of the Sea, a wonderful film by the folks who did The Secret of Kells. It was a beautiful film with a bit of a Spirited Away vibe with a dash of Tolkien's Silmarillion (he was greatly influenced by Celtic and other European mythology). I loved the design and the concept.

It is common mythology around the world of spirits being a part of everything... The world does awaken this time of year from a dormant state.

I can hardly wait to get outside to sketch!

The Leaf Litter...
Even at the Krohn Conservatory!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice Christina, and I agree, I can feel them waking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larry! Has the snow melted in Hamilton yet? We are just getting the first green daffodil shoots.

      By the way, you and Pat Ann really need to see the Song of the Sea!

      Delete