Thursday, August 1, 2013

Memorial Hall from Washington Park and On the Radio

A lot has been going on lately, so a quickie post. Vanessa and I went to Washington Park a couple weeks ago to sketch. I did Memorial Hall and she sketched the renovated buildings next to it.

It was a hot day to sketch and we were mercilessly pestered by a bitey fly, but at least we missed the gigantic pop-up storm that hit as I drove home.

In other news, I participated in a Children's Book Illustration discussion with Will Hillenbrand, Loren Long, and Tara Calahan-King that will aired last Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 7:00 am on WKRQ-FM (101.9) & WYGY-FM (97.3) and at 6:00 am on WUBE (105.1) & WREW-FM (94.9) 
 The show is Sunday Morning Magazine with Rodney Lear.
I will post a link to the audio when I can. It was a good discussion and we were all chatty in a podcast way rather than a radio way so Rodney had to do a bit of trimming. It is so hard to be concise when answering questions and one always thinks of what one SHOULD have said later.

No comments:

Post a Comment