Thursday, November 8, 2012

Buckeye Book Fair

Angela Johnson and Me sharing a table. Photo by her cousin Roz.
I have had a really good time both visit to the Buckeye Book Fair in Wooster, Ohio. This year we sold out of a Warm Winter Tail and almost out of Why the Possum has a Large Grin.

Angela Johnson was fun to talk to and made the day pass quickly (which is good when you are at a table all day). She was a big advocate of the Possum Book (and got a copy for her niece).

I bought a couple copies of her picture book Lottie Paris Lives Here illustrated by the amazing Scott Fischer for Christmas presents. It is so cute!

She is best known for her YA books (which I would like to read) but has also authored some amazing picture books in addition to Lottie illustrated by Loren Long (one is a Golden Kite winner).

Here is a sketch I did that day:

I added color to this while I beat Troy and Cline at Scrabble...

No comments:

Post a Comment