Friday, June 29, 2012

Taos Sketch Journal Workshop Part 2

Sketches of the Earthships
I put the Earthship sketch first because I loved this site. It is a collection of self-sufficient structures that grow their own food, make their own energy and recycle their own waste. They build them from recycled materials. I have heard that the UC Architecture department has a program has done programs in Taos before, but I could not find a link.

I am pretty sure these structure inspired the home of Luke's aunt and uncle on Tatooine...

This is a panoramic of one of the structures...
On the solstice, we watched the sun set over the gorge from another angle.

The ice cream bus, sadly not open for our visit...
This is Taos Gorge. The little river at the bottom is the Rio Grande. It is certainly dwarfed here. It looks like the earth just opened up in a catastrophic event.

Finally, the San Francisco church. St. Francis is really big in this area. This is the mission church made famous by the painting by Georgia O'Keeffe.
This is the San Francisco Mission Church which was made famous by Georgia O'Keeffe's painting of the back of it... I am sorry I gave Georgia man hands in my sketch.




The famous Georgia O'Keeffe side, different angle... We watched the sun rise over the church.

Finishing this post with a magpie. They were everywhere!  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Larry! You and Pat Ann should come to the one in Ireland next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I'm a friend of Susan's...absolutely perfect work...what memories! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete